Providing Comprehensive Environmental Services for North America
Who We Are
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
1. Responsible for the safe and proper operation of Company equipment and the on site and off site transportation of waste materials.
2. Ensures proper loading and unloading of hazardous/non-hazardous waste (i.e. compatibility of liquid to tank, proper container integrity for drum loads). Adheres to weight limits, drum segregation requirements.
3. Responsible for the proper placarding of vehicles to meet Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements and regulations.
4. Responsible for maintaining daily logs, vehicle inspection reports and trip and dispatch reports as required by Company policy and DOT regulation.
5. Responsible for the daily inspection and ongoing maintenance and cleaning of assigned Company equipment.
6. Performs other assignments as assigned by management.
· High School education or equivalent.
· BS/BA in Environmental Studies (preferred)
· Clean Harbors New driver Training Program
· Equipment specific training modules for the equipment that they will be operating
· 40 Hour OSHA training and up to date 8 hour refresher
· 8 hour DOT training and up to date refresher
· Mechanical ability
· Ability to operate a wide range of equipment and rolling stock
· Valid drivers license with clean driving record (*see definition below)
· Commercial drivers license- Class “B/C” with hazardous materials (preferred)
· Air brakes endorsements
· HazMat endorsements
*Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI employment, includes:
· No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
· No DUI/DWI in past 3 years
· No preventable accidents in the past year
· No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years
· No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
Always requires sitting, determining color grasping.
Frequently requires near visual acuity, lifting, carrying, walking, pulling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching.
Occasionally requires standing, climbing, smelling, speaking and listening.
May be required to lift, push and/or pull up to 100lbs.
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)
Windows Media Player 9 or higher is required to view the videos. Download a free copy of Windows Media Player now.