Providing Comprehensive Environmental Services for North America
Who We Are
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
What We Offer
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Competitive pay for this permanent, full-time position.
· Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
· Group RRSP with company matching component
· Opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Our Winnipeg, MB location is currently looking for an Environmental Technician I to join the team. The Environmental Technician I is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials. At times, must be able to work with little or no supervision.
· Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
· Engage in strenuous physical labour including lifting, pulling and pulling heavy objects.
· Operates light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, vacuum trucks and equipment, oil spill boom, generators, bobcats, etc.
· Performs emergency response activities including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, etiological and biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination, etc.
· Responsible for quick and immediate response when on call, secure coverage for shift and communicate your replacement's name to the coordinator.
· Handles various hand tools and powered (pneumatic and electrical, hydraulic) industrial tools, including pressure washers and saws.
· The ability to wear and properly use a variety of Levels A, B, C & D personal protective Equipment (PPE). This includes respirators, skin, face, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
· Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions: including extreme heat and cold while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment.
· Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
· Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance. Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
· Works extended (> 8 hrs.) time periods. Note that in emergency response situations these periods can extend beyond 8 hours, up to 12-24 hrs.; Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment is that the applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require work during week-ends and holidays.
· High School diploma or equivalency.
· Previous related field labour/hazardous waste removal experience
· 2 or 4 year degree in Environmental Studies (preferred).
· Valid Class G license, with a clean 5 year Drivers Abstract
· Complete confined space entry (CSE) training.
· Knowledge of chemicals.
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)
Windows Media Player 9 or higher is required to view the videos. Download a free copy of Windows Media Player now.