Providing Comprehensive Environmental Services for North America
Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services serving over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste management facilities, throughout North America in 37 U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company also operates international locations in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.cleanharbors.com.
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Accountant is responsible for reviewing, reconciling, and maintaining a variety of accounting and financial data and information, including assisting with financial closings, preparing a variety of reports and records of assets and liabilities, and other financial transactions, balancing books periodically and preparing and reviewing financial statements. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the more complex accounts and tasks which involve experience, judgment and independent decision making.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
· Prepare reconciliations of specialized balance sheet accounts that are more complex in nature. Reconcile sub-systems to general ledger.
· Prepare account analyses of the more complex balance sheet accounts with month to month changes and year to year changes. Answers questions from external auditors and provide support as needed.
· Support the Field and other business units regarding revenues, expenses, prepaids, accruals, etc. and other journal entry or monthly questions that arise.
· Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
· Prepare financial information included in footnotes and management discussion of 10Qs and 10Ks. Prepare some of the more difficult footnotes under the Corporate Accounting responsibility.
· Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and participate in the forecasting process as needed.
· Responsible for reporting to supervisor potential control deficiencies noted, procedural changes that have occurred or may occur which may require update to SOX documentation, and for suggesting improvements to the financial control environment.
· Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements.
· Balance all spending accounts, reconciling financials and correcting journal entries, as necessary.
· Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
· Close the books each month for respective accounts and activities.
· Prepare reports to help management understand how the company is performing
· Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
Business Management or Accounting; Proficiency in Windows based applications & Accounting information systems; General Accounting knowledge; Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must.
Business Management or Accounting; CPA with Public/Private mix; Oracle or Peoplesoft experience preferred.
· Good accounting knowledge with ability to apply that knowledge to unususal and complex circumstances
· Strong proficiency in MS Excel
· Proficiency in PeopleSoft or similar ERP software (very desirable)
· Proficiency in Windows based applications
· Able to prioritize between multiple tasks
· Able to recognize and investigate unusual amounts on financial statements
· Able to maintain confidentiality
· Excellent communications skills
· Team player
· Sense of customer service skills
· Analytical and detail oriented
· Ability to make good judgments as to appropriate accounting for unusual transactions
· Ability to manage complex worksheets to support accounting decisions.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)
Windows Media Player 9 or higher is required to view the videos. Download a free copy of Windows Media Player now.